Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KeepPedaling

I have to get this out. When we were arguing, I asked him what it was exactly that he was putting into our relationship. He sends me an email almost every morning that is about two sentences. It says good morning and that he loves me and hopes I have a great day. Some variation of that.

And that was all he had. That was all he could think of. And when I said, "that's it?" He went on to tell me that that's all he really ever needed from me, that he doesn't need me to say he's cute, or be affectionate, or all the things I wish he would do for me. He said it in a way like I was a needy freak for wanting the schmoopy talk/times. It made me feel bad and it made me really angry (I have an easy time expressing my anger).

I could quickly make a long list of all of the things that I've done for him, I'm sure you can image how many hours of energy I've poured into our relationship. And that was all he had, an email in the mornings. He once said, like it was just incredible, "It's like you want me to tell you that I love you all the time!" Because, you see, he had already told me once when we got together 6 months ago, and maybe a couple of times after that in real life. Oh wait! There's the "I love you" signature on his morning emails.

OMG. What am I doing?