Thread: JFT December 5
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ANGELINA243
We Do Recover

I have been to different 12 step groups over the years... (originally introduced to me via court system or rehab)....and have often felt that some were getting frustrated with me--I was a chronic relapser. I even heard it said I maybe didn't want sobriety bad enough. I felt hopeless and defeated cause I really was trying, just couldn't seem to understand/get it--what I saw everyone else getting and/or experiencing. Since then, I have started coming to NA and here recently I have been struggling. I figured I would encounter the same judgmental feedback I had received from other fellowships but that hasn't been the case this time. In fact, everyone has been really supportive and caring. It kind of shocked me--I hadn't experienced that before.........to be loved unconditionally even though I was still using and had some clean time once before. (I made a year with NA--but got too complacent and it all kind of fell apart and I eventually started to use again.) NA has been very supportive of my recovery--carry the message, not the addict. They have loved me back into the fellowship--I was ashamed to go back at first cause I felt like a failure and I didn't want to be a disappointment to anyone. Their lack of judgment and offer of love/support have given me hope once again. That maybe I can do it. We do recover (after all).