View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lil516

Recovery in action :)

Greetings to my SR friends...old and new

altho I do not post often I do drop in to read and know many of you through your stories

It's always so apparent that a post that updates and reflects recovery in action is a blessing to those that are in the midst of their struggle and so I wanted to share my joy

those that remember my story know I was in despair over my son's addiction....we almost lost him physically to an overdose we certainly were losing him mentally and spiritually to drugs....like so many others, I wanted my son back, I wanted to look in his eyes and see him not the black void that was staring back....

fast forward (so much easier to do that on computer than it was to live it!!)

My AS is truly my RAS!...after years of rehab and living in a sober house he now has his own place, a job and a full life! He started addiction as a troubled youth but has emerged as a wonderful caring man...the years took its toll and the changes are apparent but he survived and reclaimed life...its not the life he would have had without addiction's effects but it is a life that is full and worth living....he is actively engaged in working with other addicts and I know that keeps him humble and aware of the dangers that are ever present

as for me....I am doing fine....my family has experienced many of life's ups and downs these past years....addiction isn't the only crisis that a family faces...we've had our share of illness and economic woes but we handled it all usually borrowing skills from our recovery tool box
I am a grandmother (finally a little girl to love!) and will soon welcome another daughter in law to our growing family

life is good
miracles do happen
never give up

I keep all of you in my prayers
please remember me in yours