Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AdamantEmpath

Hello

I stumbled upon this wonderful site a few weeks ago, and have been reading and learning bits and pieces along the way. By the grace of God, I have been alcohol free since 10/18/1996. I made a deal with Him back then if He would remove my desire to drink that I would never touch it again. He did his part immediately, and I have kept my end of the bargain for 13 years. Not a drop. Before this agreement, I was drinking a half a fifth of Maker's Mark every single evening for several years. It did not effect my work, but it was creating issues in my marriage and social life. I did not work any program. I simply made an honorable deal with God. Before making the deal, I took it very seriously, and feel as if it would crush my spirit if I were to break my end of the bargain. I am far from perfect, but have not defaulted on that particular deal. I am nearing the point of possibly striking another deal with God, but not yet convinced that I will be able to live up to it my end. Plenty of time to delve into current situations in future discussions. I simply wanted to greet the members, and get a few posts under my belt in an effort to open up more functionality of the boards.

AE