View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MerMaid81

My First Time Here

I'm not addicted to anything but chocolate. It's my boyfriend.

This is what i posted in another general forum and they were mean to me and basically said im wet and pathetic for staying with him, and that he's I did post this on another forum and all i got was leave the idiot and he's scum, which i don't find helpful at all, everyone has their problems to overcome in life and if everyone said to hell with them then where would the world be?

He has done a lot to me, through the drink he says thats why he didnt care and think of me. But im not throwing away 3 years what i feel for him just like that.

So i think that as this is a forum about this that you all might know how im feeling and not be mean to me.

My BF has a drink problem, has for over 10 years. Also has had probs with depression and he gets stressed really easy. As i do too but thats a whole other thread

He has admitted this to me this year ( though we both knew it before) We have been together for over 3 years now.

He has done a lot of bad things to me emotionally in the past and coz of the alcohol, his feelings are numbed out, whereas i feel everything and more.

I feel he's got a wall up with me. He had to build that with his last relationship, she was really bad to him. We don't talk about feelings and thing. He never hardly ever asks how I'm doing feeling. When I'm upset he cant deal with it and either gets mad and walks away or turns over and goes to sleep. Though i know this is what its like with a alcoholic dependant person.

He drinks everyday, BUT he has cut it down, which is amazing i think, he used to drink so much he wouldn't have been dead in another 10 years or before (I've seen all this with my uncle years ago and cant watch let alone live loving a person that puts the bottle before me)

He used to drink anything, bottles of wine, vodka was a big love sometimes a whole bottle, port anything really. Anything that would make him forget and not feel things and not think about things. Now he has stopped the wine and the vodka - which I'm so proud of him for i know how hard it is. He has had a few slips where he's hid a bottle of wine and vodka from me, but i always know when he's had something other than beer. And coz of the past i wont take secrets and lies anymore, but i know a alcoholic finds that really hard not to do.

I want to be happy with him. He wants to be happy. I know he's not and I'm not while we're living like this.

Any ideas or your experiences would be really helpful, and i will let him read this too.

Thank you!

:praying