View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

Really need advice...

I was running errands today. The A called. He wanted to know if I drop some bank papers off at the job location that he was at today. I agreed since it is close to my neighborhood.

He was cold and catty last night, and I figured I would just drop this off. No biggie.

I was driving following the GPS to the location, and he called and said he was at a bar/restaurant nearby. I assumed he was there with the whole crew, but it seemed early for lunch.

when I arrived he was normal, chilly, and drinking a beer. He asked if I would mind giving him a ride back to the site, which I agreed to do. We got in the car and he started to cry. He was BAWLING! He said he had had an episode at the job, and was freaking out. He had left the site abruptly and ran 3 mile(!!!) to the bar.

He said he had not had one of these episodes since highschool. he is 31. He said he lost a few minutes, and it sounded to me like he had a severe panic attack. He cried and cried. He kept talking about how if anything happened, that I should assume he needs a psych hospital.He said he has been sleepwalking every night, waking up doing various menial things, like taking out the trash.

I was trying to ask him if he was ready, yet, to get some professional help: see a psych, dual diagnosis doctor? He talked around it, opting, obviously for the more dramatic extreme crazy talk. He pulled a beer out of his six pack, and while crying, pounded it. He said, "I have been trying so hard to get sober, I just don't know if I can do this." he swears this is his first day of having to drink on the job...hmmm.

He said he fears what may happen if he is on a ladder or operating heavy machinery if this happens again.

He asked me to please not act freaked out when we get to the job site...just act like we met for lunch. He cannot lose the job.

He asked if I would answer the phone today in case he really needed help.

That was at 11am.

At 330pm he called me and said, please forget that you saw how weak I was. I am going to keep it together. I know what I have to do.

Should I push for him to get the help? Ignore this? I know he was reaching out in his way... I am lost. My sponsor is not available.