View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovered1

Managing my withdrawal and panic attacks

Firstly, I know this place is NOT for medical advice. No medical advice expected, wanted, or anticipated. I had a panic attack this morning, called a crisis line and hugged my puppies (known to lower blood pressure). I am responsible for me.

Still, if anyone can just "talk to me," it would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, called a crisis line and talked with people who know how to manage their own lives.

I have to set a boundary today. I have to tell my friend with a broken leg I can only be phone friends and it is greatly disturbing. Still, she has friends with two and three years of sobriety, and it's time for them to step up to the plate and be there for her. I have to take care of me right now. I am resentful I was sucked into the whole situation with the dynamics in place. I am torn between being honest and just blowing the whole thing off. First, do no harm. She is in a fragile state and I don't need to add to her distress. I suppose I can always tell her after the fact I just couldn't be there, or I could tell her the truth and how her stuff has affected me.

What do I do, short of getting help for my own codependency? I have a new therapist on 12/21. I see a shrink. I am trying to cover my bases as best I can. I want to get through the day without a drink. At the same time, she WILL call me and I am torn.

I hate this addiction and what it does. I hate my condition for what it is. What do I do? Let sober minds prevail.