View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Call your county Health Department and ask them for referrals to "Sliding Fee Counseling Services". Once you check them out and do the paperwork you may end up paying nothing or practically nothing.

One thing that I learned from my own counseling was that no matter what it was I thought I 'needed', loving attention, kind words, whatever, that I better take a REAL CLOSE LOOK at the price I was going to pay for it. Somehow, when I started to do that, I didn't 'need' so much the 'attention' etc from the toxic people in my life.

Do they have 'story hour' at your local library and is your little one old enough for you to take her? Great way to meet some new folks and expand your 'adult' relationships in general.

With anyone in my life who has been 'toxic' to me in the past I always compare their current behavior to their previous behaviors to see what they are 'attempting' to do now, and guess what, one more time it is usually MANIPULATION to make them MORE COMFORTABLE. That kind of attention I do not need or want today.

Keep posting, we are here for you and we are walking with you in spirit.

Love and hugs,