View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bval

It can be snorted or shot, yes, but it really doesn't achieve any different end result than just using it as directed. In all three cases, the way it's working is by introducing it directly to the bloodstream, bypassing the stomach, which destroys the drug. These are just different methods of administration that don't affect how it works much, if at all.

In fact if you're talking about suboxone (as opposed to subutex) then it actually works worse if you shoot it ... in fact the pill is designed to make you sick if you shoot it (since it contains naloxone), although I've heard it doesn't always work this way.

A person can get somewhat high off of Buprenorphine (the active opioid ingredient in subs) ... IF and only IF ... they are not an opioid addict already. It's different though for people who've already become acclimated to opioids ... because usually they will be coming from abusing much more euphoric opioids like heroin, oxycodone, dilaudid, vicodin, etc.

Bottom-line, it's pretty much impossible for a person (and especially not an addict) to get any sort of real pleasant high off of bupe. And really, over-doing it on the bupe tends to just make you feel like crap, not 'high'.

Please note that my response would've had an entirely different tone and content if I were responding to your exabf directly