View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
masseyman

Since I haven't been around for so long, I'll give a short synopsis of life the past few months.
My wife and I are now empty nesters. Both my kids are moved out, they come home time to time obviously, but it's pretty much just us. It's been nice so far, really quiet around the house except for the dogs rousing the occasional mischievious deed. We've grown closer than ever due to no 'commercial' interruptions in our relationship, like I said it's been good for us so far.
I stayed totally alcohol free for just shy of 6 months. The last couple of months there has been some relapse, not a total bust I would say, but I have had some downs with my ups as of late. Maybe that's why I'm checking back in, to ground myself again.

As I said, on the up side, I have gotten back into physical shape...lost nearly 60 lbs...running mostly, but now the holidays are here....hopefully I can weather the holiday storm of food and drink. For me it begins with deer season and ends after Jan. 1.

I've learned alot about myself in the past year, how much I can push myself mentally and physically, and that I can only for a very short time control how much I want to drink. Life has been a real learning process for me this past year. I know what I can do, what I can't, I know how to put healthy living into practice....applying this knowledge to my life as a complete package that sticks is the difficult part.

I hope everyone here is doing well and continuing to strive to be their best, I have tried, and even though there has been some failure along the way, I have to continue to get up when I fall down and someday my struggles will be a distant memory instead of a new bruise that I don't give time enough to heal.

Real good to hear from all of you.

Peace.