Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Asta1

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
RE: giving holiday gifts, etc. I read in the paper a little while back about an organization that distributes packages of goodies and stuff to soldiers that don't get much from home. It's called AnySoldier. Google it to get the website and more info. I do a lot of holiday baking of cookies and stuff for friends and neighbors (buy cookie tins at Dollar Tree). I thought this year I would pack up a big box to send overseas. Doesn't cost much and you would make the day of some very deserving folks. If you or anyone thinks its a good idea, pass the word.
After looking at the website, found that unless you personnally know the recipient, you should not send any homemade food items. They are instructed to throw it away. Guess it makes some sense. So, I guess I'll go out and get some store bought goodies. They must be factory packaged. The website gives other gift ideas. Sorry about the misinformation.

After getting the approval from my insurance company last Friday for some counseling, I made an appointment today. Going in on Thursday. Have never, ever had any counseling before. Not sure what to expect. One of the reasons I'm going is for depression symptoms. I'm probably carrying around a ton of other baggage as well. Should be interesting, but a little scary too.