View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mark75

Hi Rockets. Glad to see you are getting recovered. I remember exchanging some posts with you when you first came on board. Like you I used a lot of stimulants. They give you energy and you don''t eat as much.

I did worry about that, and still do a little. But now I am just like everyone else. I have to exercise and watch my diet a little more.

Just like normal people, I need to watch those carbs... sweets, starches... candy, most snack food, too much pasta and potatoes... I try to limit the carbs and of course, fats... the poster child of the enemy is french fries... fried carbs with extra grease and salt.

Protein tends to help satisfy the appetite... nuts are a good example, although higher in fat, they are high in protein and I tend to eat less snack food overall... Whole wheat bread instead of white... diet soda, well, preferably unsweetened seltzer, instead of sugared soda...

I ride bike and hike for exercise. Also I'll start skiing some this winter.

Think of all this new great stuff to learn when living chemical free.... it can be a great adventure. I just scratched the surface with the examples I gave.

Nice to see you here!

Mark