View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Happy Monday everyone! TB- Check in. I haven't seen a post from you on here for a few days. I hope you are OK.

BF- Sorry about your slip. I hope you have learned something from this. I know you will be OK. Just say NO to that first drink, and you will succeed. If there never is another first, you will never have to have another! Day 1 again, and I pray it is your last!

KC1- Keep trucking girl. I hope you make it. It sounds like your husband may be a poison to your sobriety? It sounds like he almost pressures you to drink? I hope he comes around an doesn't put you in that situation any more.

As for me, I am day 21. I made it through the long holiday weekend without a drop. Not that it was easy, or not available. I was around alcohol every day. I just politely declined, and said I feel better when I don't drink. Everyone respects that. I did some pheasant hunting on Saturday with my in-laws. I walked every field in chest high grass. Something while drinking I would never have been able to do. I was always just too physically exhausted. I probably walked 5 miles in that crap. Obviously I am sore and my legs and feet hurt, but I am proud of myself for doing it! A true blessing from God as I was able.

Physically, my sleep has gotten SO much better. I fall asleep almost instantly when I go to bed now. My mind is at peace, and I wake up feeling refreshed! I do get pretty tired by the evening, but I suspect that will get better as my body heals. My wife is now reading the AA "Big Book." She is being so kind and understanding. She is such a blessing in my recovery. She wants to understand this disease and where I am coming from. I thank God every day for her.

I went to another meeting last Wednesday. One I had not been to before. Some of the guys were the same, and some new. Funny part was one of the guys there was a Doctor I had initially gone to when I first moved back to town. I had forgotten he had lost his job a few years back due to drinking. He shook my hand, welcomed me, and everything was fine. You never know who you will see at a meeting, but it doesnt matter. We are all there for the same reason. To get and STAY sober. Nobody judges, they just support.

So that is where I am at everyone. I hope all is well with you, and keep coming back! Here is to another day.... sober!

Brent

PS: Midton- Welcome back. It sounds like you experienced what we all feared you would. I am SO glad you learned something and you are back with us. I read in my AA book that NO ONE has successfully been able to drink or moderate once our minds are alcoholic. Do we really think we will be the first? haha. Welcome back buddy!