View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Midton

Just a quick post to say thanks for all the supportive replies. I'm still feeling real low, remorseful, ashamed and, well, you all know the script. I am angry that I didn't crave alcohol, I didn't drink on the spur of the moment. I actually planned this. What an idiot!

I can't write too much about Saturday just now as it's still too raw and I fear spirling down to a bad depression if I think about it. I need a week or so before I reflect on it from a more mentally safe perspective.

Rest assured that's it for me. I know with total clarity that I'm done. I was doing so well, finding it easy. The desire to drink had gone. It shouldn't be too hard to get back into that state again.

Over the last few weeks the frequency of my posts dwindled. I didn't want to keep posting "spam" saying I'm doing great. I didn't want it to come across as gloating. I'll have to become a more active poster again, even if my posts are banal. I need the constant reminder that I am always in danger no matter how confident I feel.

All the best.