Thread: Saturday
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

I'm 32 and feel the same way. I bet there are some here who are, but not quite, at the age of senility that feel the same as both of us.

Soooo... yeah part of me died too when the party ended and I got sober. And that piece of me is screaming for another party. I got that too. I can hear all the chaos in the backround from others who keep wasting their life away but my decision is final. I'm not going back.

I accept my own decision and I accept that I will be troubled from time to time when I am bored, lonely, angry or sad. I do the best I can finding new hobbies and interests that I honestly thought were too stupid to be of any interest to me... some cost nothing too.

I am also looking to go back to school with no other intentions except for some enrichment... I discovered I also like to learn.

You may be at a crossroads of some sort. Until recently you had alcohol and drugs provide for your entertained without much effort on your part. NOW you need to provide for your own entertainment. ITs not an easy skill in the beginning... trust me! It goes along the lines of re-inventing yourself.