View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
KC1

KC here.

I have been MIA for a day or two as well. Went to pick up my 93-year old grandmother yesterday to take her to Thanksgiving Dinner at a local restaurant and it appears as though she may have had another "mini-stroke" or a TIA. She has them from time to time and there is really nothing that can be done according to her doctor. I just need to determine if it is a "TIA" or the real thing. I was able to quickly determine it was a TIA so I just kept her still for 1/2 hours. Hubby and I quickly cancelled the dinner reservations and stayed wtih her while she fought me on calling an ambulance. After 1/2 hour, she was fine and so we just took her to my Uncle's house instead. He and his family had already finished their Thanksgiving dinner, but were very welcoming and heated up leftovers for us. So a stressful Thanksgiving dinner. My cousin is leaving for Iraq tomorrow, so he was there with his wife and two little kids - age 5 months and 1-1/2 years. So sad. Anyhow, I had two Diet Cokes, despite my other cousins trying to give me wine, kaluah, frangelico, whiskey, etc. They are clueless as to my "problem." Hubby had a few beers and I was the DD. So it was a good day. Today picked up my grandmother and took her to her hair appointment, then out to lunch, then I joined the "Black Friday" crowds at the stores. Hubby and I just came back from dinner and now we are watching the Military Channel (wheeee!) and have a fire going in the fireplace. So a quiet night for sure. So glad...next weekend it is "black tie weekend" all weekend long with work stuff.

Hope all are doing well and I will check in tomorrow. Going into the office for a few hours......ugh.

KC