Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Depression

I've been struggling with darker moods lately, and it's rather surprising to me. I thought that once I was "out", away from my XH, I would start to feel better....as in liberated, free, exhuberant, joyful! I did have that initial period of exhultation, but straight away, the discussions and arguments about visitation and custody began, so I don't feel like I got much of a break.

I really do want to feel better, more liberated, more like myself, and perhaps I'm being impatient here, but I honestly don't feel good these days. I'm constantly tired and emotionally, I'm burned out! There's no time to rest (I can't afford to take days off), and my sleep is fitful, either because of the baby or because my STUPID brain won't stop thinking stuff over and over. I have seen some friends but I generally feel as though I don't want to discuss my life too much because it would burden them. Also, I don't feel very sociable these days, and I barely have time to myself, between work, taking care of my daughter, dealing with XH, and all this custody crap.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance from those who've escaped and felt this sort of anti-climax after leaving.