View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Charmie

hello there and welcome to sr.imo you sound as if you are irritable,discontent,unhappy? i was like this too if i was seperated from drink,that is until i got on a recovery programme.i use the 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous.have you thought about giving it a try? since getting sober 10 months ago,i have been to a couple of social occasions and had a wonderful time,this is because i am free of the obsession,i no longer wonder what it would be like or want to drink like "normal" folk.booze dosnt hold a place in my life anymore,its for others.my life has changed beyond recognition since doing the 12 steps with a sponsor.alot of people find them daunthing,but its just a set of principles to live a new and wonderful life by.i feel like i have never felt before in my life and im 37.things are just great now,i see things through a new set of eyes.i too tried alcohol counciling,in fact i tired everything,drs,hospital,tablets,you name it.in the end though i had to change inside.please let us know how you get on with the councilor.