View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
akazia21

Oh this was one rough day with my sobriety.....I went to my sisters for thanksgiving and they all drink and the weirdest thing but I used the bathroom after an in law had and I could smell the alcohol that must have been coming off his body-funny it didn't bother me on the table lol....and almost cried I wanted a drink so bad-it just smelt like wine in there so I sat down and just breathed for a moment and thought I had got it together.
So anyway I am drivin home when I realise I am almost out of smokes (I can't quit them yet-that's too much). I'm driving around figuring I will find a gas station open but being Thanksgiving they are all closed....so what is the only place open? Yes a flipping liquor store! I pulled into it after debating for a minute...ran in and asked for smokes and the guy knows me so he keeps asking me if I am sure I don't need anything else...I told him no, no, paid as fast as I could and drove straight home....I couldn't even look around in there-kept my eyes straight ahead and away from the bottles. I had to push the thought to the back of my head about drinking. I'm home and can breath now but my stupid addiction to smokes threw me straight in the fire. At least I'm not burned lol! Sorry just had to get that out! Hope everyone enjoyed their thanksgiving! TB glad you are sticking around.