View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ashnicole

Desperately seeking help

Ok I moved in with my fiance after six months of dating. I am miserable, if I only knew how bad his drinking was I never would have done it. He is a binge drinker and he will binge for days at a time, well like 2 days. Then he stops, feels sorry, says he won't do it again, and the whole cycle starts next week. I never met his family until now and I found out he has been hospitalized for this 3 times. He gets violent, mean and uncontrollable. He also does not remember what happened the next morning. These are a few things I have done to try to change this:

1. Avoid all situations that involve alcohol. Bars, pool halls, BBQ's, and cut off his alcoholic friends..i.e. the "party people".

2. Keep all our money... that doesn't work, he will pawn something or get credit at the liquor store.

3. Try to get him in the hospital... as soon as he gets sober he cons his way out somehow.

4. Leave him. But I come back, what a surprise.

5. Pour out the alcohol..then I just get called names.

6. Beg and plead... I know but I'm running out of ideas.

7. Got him on psychiatric meds.

This has gotten so bad that I cannot see my son anymore because of this not from him). I guess this makes me a bad mother but I love him and want to get him help. Plus we have invested into a house, and finances. If I leave I face the possibility of having my name ruined because everything will go down hill. I guess maybe I am also codependent because I left an abusive relationship of 7 years, and I have NO family alive whatsoever so I'm kinda scared to move on. Any suggestions? And criticism is OK, but PLEASE nothing negative I cannot handle that right now.