Thread: 6 Months
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheSunAlsoRises

6 Months

Everyone take a wild guess as to what this thread might be about?

Haha at the risk of sounding repetitive (I think I started threads at each month interval since three) I celebrated 6 months of continues sobriety from drugs and alcohol today.
After pushing drugs and alcohol to the limit there is only one last trip to take. Sobriety. Not dry time, but sobriety, learning to feel comfortable in your own skin. It is a crazy trip which I realize I have just begun.
I got such an encouraging note from a friend back in texas today. He didn't know it was my 6 month anniversary, but he was responding to a previous note I wrote. He said he was happy I was doing well and wished his support... My HP helping me out I guess... I don't feel depressed these days, and my anxiety is all but gone. It is strange... I even stopped smoking (one day at a time) and took to exercise...
One of my fellows didn't make the trip, she died a couple weeks ago from a overdose... But I am able to be present for the emotion instead of meeting it with aversion like I have been doing for years...

To the new or returning member of the board. I don't know much, but it seems you can go 6 months w/o drinking or using--and I give it the *coveted* Clayton seal of approval

Clayton