Thread: Quit all vices?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helpformyson

Quit all vices?

My son is entering rehab on his own accord (this time). He is going to the same one that he was kicked out of previously, for using. The program is only 60 days and he agrees that he needs a longer program. This program allows smoking, but no caffiene (sp?). He wants to quit all his vices (opiates & cigarettes). He agrees that this program did not work the first time, yet seeks the same path.

There are 3 programs nearby that do not allow any vices whatsoever. They feel that if you are going to quit the bad stuff....do it all at once. Yet he does not want to go into this program. It is a 10 month rehab comittment, in comparision to the typical 60 day program. This is a christian based program, which he is not opposed to, but he is just choosing the easier, quicker one.

If anyone has any feed back as to going cold turkey on all vices simultaneously vs. one at a time, please let me know.

Also, any feed back on a state run rehab vs. a christian based? I kind of think in the state programs, that you may be just a number, due to the high volume of court ordered patients and may get more one on one from a christian or private ($$$$) based rehab center.

Thanks.