View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Good job, Anono

Richard, that's kinda like me, only with different dates... I'm *improving* but... grr. Keep at it, and maybe, at least for a while, your wife might keep the beer away to help you some...?

I have improved though... Noticed lately, that even when I drink, it's just regular bourbon and I haven't touched the harder stuff since July... And I keep stopping as soon as I notice... Just don't notice quick enough. Right before I put the bottle to my lips would be nice... Progress, not perfection? Haha, sorry y'all...

Anyways, I'm happy as can be... That week when everybody was yelling at me for driving around with my cousin, I was supposed to do a presentation. Obviously, I didn't--in fact, I'm kinda glad I wasn't near... I might have done it. But anyways, I had the make up presentation tonight, and I did quite well, if the other people in the class are to be believed. They clapped twice for me, after one of the guys in the class basically toasted me. It was supposed to be a group presentation... I apologized to my group from the podium. Didn't tell them why, but apologized nonetheless.

:bounce

Well, it's basically long weekend for me from here on in... lots of work to catch up on (8 classes... ugh). Gotta remember not to drink anymore... this isn't really fun.

Getting back into reality, just avoiding the club scene (I took a formal leave of absence for 2 weeks... I made that up and announced that it was what I was going to do... told them if they didn't like it, to let me know and no one has). It's working good so far... baby steps.

Ran out of money yesterday--bought a pizza and a caesar salad meal with my last $7--got some more today... my teacher lent me 20 dollars. Well, actually she gave it to me, but... Heck, I'm not thinking I can pay anybody back, but I suppose one day it'll look different.

Talked to my dept. head... the evil housing lady didn't tell him, at least. That's a relief... he doesn't know, and I suppose I wouldn't mind if he did, but I would not want it to be told to him that way.

Well, still happy. Take care y'all,
TB