View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kv816
Only stepping forward

I feel your pain! I went in to the OB last year for some pains and irregular a/f's I was having. Did a pap for the first time in 6 years. I waited weeks, got no results. Finally called and she said it wasn't abnormal but it wasn't normal and they wanted me back for a cervical biopsy. She explained all sorts of things to me on what could be. I was devastated!! Went back for the biopsy a couple weeks later (which hurt like hell). Waited a couple weeks, still no results. I got a statement from my insurance saying they denied the claim for the biopsy because it wasn't medically necessary. What? They say I may possibly have cancer but a second test to confirm or rule out isn't necessary?? I called the office for the biopsy results, she didn't understand why I had a biopsy cause the pap was normal. Sadly, it wasn't the last time I went back to her either. Went for something else around the same time. She kept saying there was nothing wrong with me. Left her office for the 4th time in a 2 week time frame with an Rx for antibiotics that she said I didn't need but they were giving me anyway (like some people get their high off of antibiotics????? and that's all I wanted????) I left her office, got in my car and BAWLED MY EYES OUT!! I knew something was wrong but she kept telling me there wasn't. Drove home and tried to get out of my car but couldn't move my leg. Had to call the house phone (was living with xabf at the time). Begged him to come outside to help me get in the house. He did and took me to our room. I laid down, crying. And all he could say was that I need to quit this fooling around and just see the doc. I've been in pain for 2 weeks and it's gotta stop. I just need to get off my high horse and go get checked out. Why would I put HIM through something like this?

HUH??? Excuse me?? Why am I putting YOU through this???

I did end up going to the ER that night and spent 18 hours hooked up to IV's for fluids, antibiotics, pain meds. I was pretty sick. I was so dehydrated and tense they had a heck of a time drawing blood. But once they could I think they took half of what I had left. Took 4 days before I got feeling back in my leg to where I could walk again.

But I was putting xabf through hell by not going in sooner to be checked out! Never did get anything when all the statements came through from my insurance. ALL the lab results my OB had done and the dates were on there. Proved I had been going in for two weeks. But I was still putting him through the pain of having to watch me hurt. I wasn't doing anything about it.

It gets better. Hang in there and off on your joyous vacation you go!! With no one to answer to except you!!!