Thread: Detaching
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
lex20

Hi I am just new to this forum and am finding it hard with my brother i dont live in the same city, but I am going there for xmas this year.

He is sober and living at home with my parents, several times when he was using he trashed the house and they gave him a ulitimatium but then always let him back in the house never following through.

He doesnt wash a lot and smells really bad. I am taking my baby down at xmas too.

My parents are both nearly 60, and have just accepted my brother. I find it hard to sleep there he snores so loud but they dont help me when i tell them this or ask my brother to do anything about it. He is paying rent.

I just feel uncomfortable when I am around him mum and dad pick up after him and he never apologises if he does something like spill something on the carpet and they dont say anything either.

How can i deal with this ? for my own sanity? they also act like everything he does do eg mow the lawns is amazing and go on and on about it. Shouldnt they treat him the same is everyone else?