View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

((((littlebird))))

Your Bf is on Suboxone so he is probably clean from opiates but that does not mean that he is not taking something else.. the weekly drug tests may only be testing for opiates in his system.. sleeping all day and not working are not signs of a recovering addict.. they are signs of an active one.

The only reason he is not working is because he does not have to do so.
He's got a place to sleep and something to eat. If people did not enable him, he would likely have to grow up and get a job to sustain himself.
Out to lunch hit the nail on the head here.... As long as nothing is changing then your BF is not going to change...so if your BF is not going to change then you are going to have too.

I was in your shoes about a year ago and I made the decision that I was not going to live that way anymore.. I deserved to be in a relationship with my husband, not in a relationship with someone that sleeps all day or someone who abuses drugs. One day I had enough and I had a long talk with my RAh.. I told him that I had had enough.. it was either shape up or ship out and he knew I was serious because as I was talking to him I was packing his bags..

Littlebird, decide what is acceptable to you and what is not and then stick to your guns... it may mean kicking your bf out of your home in order for him to get a job and straighten himself out..

Keep taking care of you...