Old 11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xbluemystx

horribly scared of new prescription. questions + follow up to old thread

(Please forgive me but I like to type a lot of detail)

Hello everyone. I recently made a thread ("My personal withdrawal experiences.") and, I'm not sure if everyone read it but, I have a small follow-up to it and a new subject to talk about. Thanks to everyone who read it and posted responses, by the way.

To summarize my recent post: I basically covered my medical past, chronic pain issues, withdrawal experiences, addictions, and recent issues. It's been over a week and, although the symptoms have eased up a bit, I'm still feeling some withdrawal from my norco addiction. Something just doesn't feel balanced in me (I'm assuming it's my endorphins) and I'm experiencing heavy depression. I'm trying to weight lift every few hours to get my juices running better.

Anyways, to get to the point of this thread: I recently had an appointment with a pain therapist. Possibly off-subject but they believe that my past surgeries have caused me chronic nerve-damage. To help, they're discussing something called a nerve-block & psychical-therapy... which I'm fine with. It's their other idea that's scaring me.

Another subject in my other thread I covered was my worst withdrawal case ever: sudden discontinuation of a SSRI, known as cymbalta, leading to symptoms that almost made me kill myself. Well, due to that experience, my new prescription of Elavil (Amitriptyline) is making me insanely nervous and scared. I know what anti-depressants are, I know what they do, I know what they've caused people to do, and I know it's even hard to ween yourself off them.

I'm really hoping they didn't give me this pill because they think it's all in my head but - they claim that this drug will help me with my nasty insomnia, help boosts my spirits, and, most importantly, help with the chronic neurological pain I'm suffering from.

First off, I'm just wondering if there's any personal opinions on this case. I'm also wondering if anyone else has experience with this drug and how difficult it might be to ween off it. I remember that getting myself slowly off cymbalta was insanely difficult. If I have to go through another case of withdrawal again, I don't know what kind of actions I'm going to resort to. I've been through too many cases of withdrawal and the thought of another bad one is making me sick with worry.

I guess that about wraps up my thread, though. Again - thanks to any readers & future posters. I'm here to offer advice or answer any questions people might have (even one-on-one, if requested). Take care & Happy-early-Thanksgiving.

P.S.

Why the hell are these pills giving me 2-3 nightmares every freaking night...