View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
littlebird77

He is clean.. but...

My recovering ABF has been clean since July of this year. He is currently on suboxone, attends meetings, and meets with a counselor. My issue (that should really not be my issue, but I'll continue to rant.) is that he sleeps all day, and has no job. When I say all day, I mean ALL day, waking up at 7 or 8 at night. He says he worries about his dad who is ill, and just likes to be up at night. It upsets me because all day of sleeping = no job... Nothing. He has no money whatsoever, except for a monthly disability check that winds up going to his mother for bills, (I know this is true, because his mother has a problem with money and at times sells her husbands medication.) and the other bit of money goes to the bank for all the fees they change for overdrafts. I am sure his is clean, because of the place he goes to tests him weekly. I'm in a ramble. I wish now he would just get a job, even if its for two or three days a week. I am really loosing my faith in this, it seems like nothing really changed. I give him no money, and tell him he needs to find a job.... The best part, his counselor says that recovery is a full-time job and he really needs to focus on that and nothing else... Well all the nights he kept me up with his addiction, the money stealing, the tears... I went to work the next day... grrrr....