Thread: Same Old....
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by Linkmeister;2439949-[COLOR="RoyalBlue"
I continued in Al-Anon

Before finding the doors of AL-Anon and the pages of SR, I would have given into him, would have sucked it up and gone back for another round, my mind would have been swiss cheese, trying to figure out where I went wrong or what I said.

I know I have to step back totally to let go and let God. His email # phone #'s are blocked so I can enjoy some peace and quiet.

What kept coming back to my mind as I tried to think things through was AA/AL-Anon's Step 1 - We are powerless over alcohol....I am, he is and along with that, he is powerless over me and my freedom to make decisions-to stay or leave, to stay with Al-Anon, to find my own place, to make friends here in a new town, to make the choice to free my life from his chaos, to live as peacefully as possible.

I think it's time I freed myself to let him walk his own path[/COLOR].
(((linkmeister)))

I appologize for chopping up your post. I wanted to show you your recovery (w/o alcoholic). Your recovery is showing, and it looks good on you!

I know this last encounter will hurt and feel painful. Give yourself time and be gentle with yourself.

Wishing you brighter tomorrows