Old 11-21-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Opus

Hi Naive

It's a good idea - with two catches for me - money is one of them - I just don't have the $900 (or thereabouts) to get a plane ticket and no way of getting that at all - sadly my family are poor lol! Additionally I have assets and a car over here that I am paying for still - it's fairly new, so I'd have to somehow unload the vehicle before taking off...

The main reason I haven't you know, gone and worked my butt off for a plane ticket (if that were even possible to do between now and when you can't fly anymore) is because there are two innocent children involved here who waited and were very excited about their baby sister, who died. They've now been waiting, by the time their newest little sister arrives, nigh on two years for a sibling. They are also mourning their little sister and this baby is going to be very healing for them..

So, to take off just weeks before birth to a completely different country would be unbelievably mean of me, I think. At the very least I want them both to have a relationship with their sister - they're only 6 and 8. They don't deserve to lose a mother figure and a new little sister to a totally different part of the world.

If they weren't in the picture, I might be thinking of that much more strongly at this stage and it's a good idea in principle - very good idea and one I'd almost certainly do if they were not around. X