View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kelsh

Question Benedryl Addictive????????????

I take generic Tylenol PM for sleep every night and do forget to take it some of the time. My husband does too but I have never thought of it as an addictive med but I guess it could be....???

I have known Benedryl Addicted people who take a very large dose....like they buy many boxes or packages of them at different stores. This one man was very paranoid before he went to treatment to get off of it.

I do take Xanax for Anxiety but have it reduced to .50 every six hours but do take it once or twice a day if needed. I took 1 mg every six hours for years & did slowly titrate it down hoping to get clear off of it...but do know I need it presently as confirmed by my psyc doc & counselor for my depression.

My drug of choice was alcohol & it has been 21 years since I got help for that addiction. I have found that I am not tempted to misuse prescription meds & never got into the drug scene like my Brother. I am 69 & he will be 67 in a week. He has been clean & sober since 10/09 but was clean & sober 14 years when he had a jail sentence over his head if he got caught using. Then he started with his sippy cup & alcohol in place of coffee again.

kelsh