View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
GotItFirstTime

WOW! It has been years since I have seen this kind of fear of " those people ". Isn't strange that this arguement has been passed one addict to another for decades only to arise and keep us from our primary purpose once again. It is based is a fear that you or anyone else can destroy what God has bulit. Any look into the words of Jimmy K or Bill W and one will see that the the traditionas are indeed the "ties that bind us together". If we use ANY tradition to pull each other apart by placing undue restrictions on each other, what good are they? Rule 62 applies to all fellowships and all people, Do not take yourself so damn seriously. We did not build NA God did.

Since some are being so long winded by cut and pasting , let me tell you a story about myself: My saying is that " NA saved my ass but AA saved my life" . Meaning that the first 5 years I was clean I spent it in NA. However, I got so sick and tired of the Tradition Nazi/Service Junkies belittling my service work that I left! Not easily, not without due process but I left! Angry, depressed, suicidal, I found HOPE in AA where they simply let me be myself. I could be Clean and Sober! I could be a needle packin' dope fiend on a bad day. Indeed it was the " ties that bind us together"! Like the story of the Titanic and the life boats, each person MUSt get out of the boat into the cold water. Then in and attempt to save the most we MUST get back into the water so other s can get in the boat. AA was my life boat when NA slammed the Traditional Door in my face! Today, I have 18 years CLEAN & SOBER! I attend both NA & AA. I speak at Both NA & AA. There is no difference except in the little minds of little people who have their whole identiy wrapped up in service work! Get over yourselves and remember you didn't build it and you can't destory it - It's God's ! Since that time I have traveled with some of the most Traditionally Expereinced People in both fellowships. I have spoke on traditionas are various conventions and in some areas even done the Area traditons Workshops. All of which I take great pride in being that I can NOW let other people be themselves when the need arises. Thinking, chosing as many chose only brings pain and misery where there should be love and compassion. No tradition violation should ever be brought up in public or as due course of a meeting. Violations should be mentioned WITHOUT anger or impunity. No one should ever be shamed or belittled simply because WE do not share your opinion. BTW - it is just an opinion. In a organized debate each argument about any violation can be disputed in the name of UNITY!