Old 11-19-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
KeepPedaling

Hi Opus (nice choice btw - humor even in your darkest hour),

I read your opus and wish I could just drive right over, scoop you up, and get you out of there. I'm the adult child of an alcoholic. I remember the fear, the chaos, the pain, the humiliation I experience being raised by an angry, aggressive alcoholic. I suffered a lot, as did my siblings, as did my wonderful mother. My advice to you would be to leave as soon as you can. As much for yourself as for your baby.

I read you saying a few times that you know what he's screaming at you is wrong. Even though you know it's wrong and you think you can take it, the words still sink in and they do their damage. Trust me.

It's so so sad that he has made the choice he's made. He did and it's ok to grieve the loss of the wonderful future you had hoped for with him. Better to grieve in a safe place and only for awhile though, than to grieve in a room that reeks of stale beer for maybe the rest of your life. You should be safe and loved.

You have a baby coming! You're going to find so much joy from that baby that there is just NO WAY that you don't have a bright happy future waiting out there for you!

Be brave. I'm wishing the very very best for you and your little one. Everything is going to be just fine. Just put one foot in front of the other in the right direction.

Take care.