Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Awesome, Cambridge! The Queen's cool but in my nerdy brain Stephen Hawking has more capital.

Alright, everyone who has read my ups and downs with my roommate will be happy to know that I asked him this morning to find somewhere else to live. I told him he was welcome to stay through the end of the semester (it's only 3 weeks anyway, then after finals he can look for an apartment). I told him he's welcome to come over and hang out any time, I still think he's a good person and want him as a friend. But the roommate thing is not working out. Last night we got into a fight. Neither of us are even sure what we were fighting for, but we're pretty lucky we didn't have the cops here. I almost called them, things were getting too heated and it almost got physical. We never argued until we became roommates. Of course part of that is I never stood up for myself the way I should have and when I started he didn't seem to like it much. I think it's a power game to him.

Anyway, I'm glad for this because it seems like every time I fall off the wagon he's usually part of the story. I'm responsible for my own actions of course but when he's not around I don't do drink or do dope, I don't try to buy it. I'm really not even interested in it. But if he's around, it's around. And if it's around I'll do it. We seem to have that effect on each other.