Thread: How Much?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rdy4change

How Much?

Just finally catching up with posts this weekend and then last night I watched 2 episodes of 'Intervention' on A&E. The second episode was about a PTA mom who became an alcoholic. She would drink mouthwash because it has so much more alcohol than vodka or wine. She was completely wasted all the time. This got me wondering....

I know some of our situations are worse than others but I'm curious as to how much your AH/AW consumes on a daily basis and how well they function. Regardless, I'm not happy with my situation but I'm trying once again to talk myself out of being niave because my AH doesn't seem to have been drinking as much the past week since the ultimatum.

Here's my situation. He drinks about a litre of Vodka every 2 days and that's just what I see at home. He owns his own business so he drinks there too. He starts drinking around 9:00/10:00 a.m. Not quickly...sips all day on his cocktails which are made in tumblers and there is about 7 or 8 oz. in each drink with a splash of 7up. He seems to function well (I'm assuming that's what you all mean when you say a functioning alcoholic). Some days obviously, he comes home and heads to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and stumbles. He doesn't slur or anything like that. To give you an idea...when we held an intervention for him, he blew .274 and the cop told me he would have never guessed the guy had a drink. For the most part if you weren't around him a lot, you would never know....OK, besides the smell.

I admit, I'm curious and don't know if I'm looking for more out of this question or not. I think a part of me is still in denial thinking...it isn't that bad. No hand slaps please...I know that's a stupid comment.