View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Welcome back TB! Like others in here, we are worried about you. It sounds like you need help NOW, not 60 days from now. I mean, something terrible could happen to you before you get into treatment. You say you are not sure how much follow up will actually take place? Here is a saying I use in my business every day: You have to inspect what you expect. Things don't happen for people that let it happen. Action takes place when you MAKE it happen. Please don't sit by and watch things unfold. Take action, and look out for yourself!

Sphal- I can't believe you got up at 4:30 AM to go look at the stars! Crazy girl! I totally understand what you mean though about enjoying nature it all of its beauty when you are sober. SO amazing! As for the big buck..... didn't happen The area my tag was in we didn't even SEE a deer. So I didn't even fire a shot. But I don't care. It was so amazing just to be out there. I do have a tag for a season that opens this weekend close to my house. So hopefully I get my big buck this weekend! I will be out there, sitting in a field at 5:30 AM in the freezing cold on Saturday morning. And I am soooo looking forward to it! I can't believe your hubby is putting his deer in the car! haha. Get that guy a pick-up already will you?

I went to another AA meeting last night. I went to dinner with the guys from last week. The one guy goes back to Arizona today, and I am really going to miss him. He has been so crucial in my recovery so far. He gave me a hug last night, and made me promise to call him and keep in touch with him. The guy that is dieing of cancer offered last night to be my sponsor and told me he would be honored to do it, but told me to have a back-up in case he isn't around to see me finish all of the steps. How sad is that?!?! I got tears in my eyes talking to him about this last night. Here he is dieing and still offering to help ME?!?!

OK, so off to another sober day. Day 9 I think? All I know is my sobriety date is November 9th. It is circled on my calendar. Hugs and love to all of you.