View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
sphalerite

Hi guys!
Did anyone else check out the Leonids last night?
I got my butt out of bed at 4:30 am, got dressed and went outside to gaze upon the heavens...It was COLD!!! Holy cow! I live in a rural area, and the sky was very clear last night, so even without the meteor shower, it would have been beautiful. I sat out in a chair for half an hour in the frozen silence and was lucky enough to see 8 shooting stars....Two were quite spectacular.

This is something that would have never happened in my old life.
It was a gift.

Brent, all this talk of hunting camp, but no mention of the giant buck you got?!
Did you get one?
Hubby is away hunting his family's land this weekend. He got a deer on Saturday, tried for another yesterday with no luck. He's bringing it home today (the hunting camp is 5 hrs away) stuffed in the back of the car, lol! Looks like we'll be butchering this weekend...Mmmmmmmm, fresh venison.
I can really relate with what you said about your walk in the Hills. How different to be sober and enjoy nature in all its beauty.
I feel the most connection to my own spirituality when in the woods. SUCH a different experience being out there sober--and feeling a part of the beauty around me instead of being separated from nature by that fog of booze.

Ugh, I've just finished up my first POT of coffee. I drink that stuff like CRAZY now. I'm even starting to get quite a taste for the powdered creamer stuff that they seem to have at every single AA meeting I've ever been to... LOL!

Take care my wonderful August crew!