View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GirlWonder

Change your number....No forwarding address. Tell him you don't care anymore. Unless you still do. It's such a sad illness. I guess there are no easy answers. I am a woman...and to be honest...yes, at one point...I drank too much. But, I never would have put my sobriety in the hands of someone else....as it seems he is doing. It's sad...because I bet he believes what he is saying...but I also bet that he would not listen to a female with the same excuses he gives....

again...

what's up with the gender gap???

Hang in there. I wish I could say it will get easier...I wish I could say to "kick him to the curb". I guess it is as easy to say as it was for friends to say to say to me..."stop drinking". I couldn't until I needed/wanted to. I guess you can't either.... What is the answer?

I don't care if you have an addiction problem(men???) ...however...when you include others in your addiction.....(as he seems to..."i can't live without you"..) that's just manipulation to continue the disease)..and as someone who has the disease....that is just the line I draw....I never asked anyone to help me. I guess I always knew I was the one who needed to help myself. To be honest...I bet there isn't anyone who doesn't realize there is a problem...most are just afraid to admit it.....

It's not ok. So, you do not need to care about him anymore.....he needs to fix it. It is his problem...

Let him go. All the way. If you can. I wish you the best.