View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
exquisitered

First of all congrats on getting sober!

I took Campral for the first 90 days and I do think it helped. It didn't stop all my cravings, but I think it made them less severe than I have had in the past. I really would recommend anyone to talk to your doctor when you are ready to quit. Maybe they will think you need a medicine or maybe not, but it never hurts to use every resource available. In my case, the doc wanted me to take Campral for at least 90 days and up to a year. I quit after 90 days because it is pretty expensive and I just couldn't afford to keep taking it. I really had good results with it, though. I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. It didn't FIX me. I don't want to make it sound like you pop a pill and you are done. You still have to work really hard and will have ups and downs... but it did kind of quite my mind and make it easier to focus on my recovery. I have nearly 11 months now, and going strong

Oh and preferably talk to your doctor BEFORE you quit. lol.. I actually did my detox at home because I was too stubborn to go at first. I imagine that would have been a LOT easier if I had talked to a doctor about it, too.