View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wuzzled

Originally Posted by liesagain View Post

essentially I NEEDED and WANTED his lies...........those lies allowed me to move forward in the relationship

I didnt see then that I knew the truths from the start ............but I did and i didnt know that I was basically asking him to lie to me, to tell me the story that would make it okay to be with him............but thats what I was doing.

So the light came on and I saw myself and saw that I held a part in the lies..............I wanted and needed them at that time.

Today, I forgive not only him for the lies but forgive myself for needing and somehow wanting them.......

(not sure if this makes any sense but thanks for lettting me share)
WOW! What an awakening I've just had. I never ever thought about this this way, or even close to it. Having read this has opened my eyes and made me see something I probably don't want to see, but sure do need to see. Thank you lies, for this insight. I have struggled with the trust issues more than any other issue in trying to overcome all that the addiction has caused in my marriage.

This gives me a totally new perspective to think about. It makes total sense to me, and I am so glad that you shared this.