View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Interesting that one could consider a medication that alters the chemicals in the brain comparable to a placebo. There are many studies out there and studies can be manipulated to achieve the results one wants or to meet ones agenda. It is only when a study can be repeated with interchanging variables and done by independent people with no agenda that I trust the study. I am not saying that the research study that is posted here is bunk but IMHO I do not trust it. It is up to each individual person to believe what they choose. I base my opinions on my personal experience which is these medications are not sugar pills. They do change the brain chemicals and either work for the person or don't depending upon each persons chemical makeup. There are meds that have worked for me and meds that have not. I personally do not want to be responsible for someone elses suicide because I encouraged them to stop their meds by stating that there meds were nothing more than sugar pills. I have had several people in my life commit suicide due to well meaning but misguided people who told them similiar things as well as they were not sober as long as they used these medications. Once someone is dead it is a bit too late to take back what was said.