View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
change4penny

Hi, I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 13 months clean. I'm so glad that you and your daughter are o.k.
Life, in these past 13 months, has placed me in several stressful situations. Right now, my husband is on lay off from his job. He hasn't worked in two months. I have been trying to get a job, to no avail.
During my active addiction, had these situations arose, I would have dealt with them...by not dealing with them and running....running to that pill bottle, that little baggie, and the pipe. I was always running away.
Here lately, my 'old self' seeps in sometimes when things are going wrong, and 'using' pops into my mind...just wanting to escape the problems at home.
But then I quickly realize that these problems would be soooo much worse if I sprinkled them with drugs.
Honestly, I'm so much happier, even though things are tough right now, that I was while using. My worse day now is still better than my best day using.
I'm so grateful for this 'new life'.
There are always gonna be tough, stressful times in life...Just remember, USING IS NOT AN OPTION.

Hang in there, and God bless.

Penny