View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cherybaby66
crazy vampire addict

Hey hon. Congrats again on your 14 months.

The other night, I went through a really bad experience. Really kind of brought me to the edge. I had a very hard time staying the course that night. But, with the help of people here, I made it through that night.

It's a challenge when life throws us a curveball. Focus on the fact that you need to stay clean of drink and drug to keep a good (nurses) eye on your daughter. You know what to watch for as far as head trauma goes. If you were under the influence, do you think that you would recognize those symptoms as quickly? Probably not.

I look at these things as little tests that come up during our recovery. We think we have it under control and then something comes along to remind us that we really are not entirely in control. This challenges us...makes us have to reach to the next goal in our recovery process...the ability to handle stress and change. And it's HARD! (insert whiney voice here!)

You aced today's challenge with flying colors. Sure, you were hanging on by a thread...but ultimately, you didn't use. That's AMAZING! You were through a very serious car accident...and you both managed to walk away unscathed. Thank GOD! And, just as God led you from this disaster, he also led you away from temptation.

In other words, love...you done good! Real good!

You should be very proud of yourself. I'm proud of you for hanging in there and being the best possible person and mom you can be!