View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I have heard of working the steps and taking the steps. For this alkie I took the steps, I took them to heart, to the inner depths of me and it led me to have a spiritual experince.

One thing you need to be aware of is a sponsor real purpose is to take you through the steps by sharing with you thier ES&H in doing the same thing. Do not hesitate to be totally open and honest with your sponsor, if you feel any where inside of you that perhaps you do have power or will have power over alcohol once you ingest it talk to them about it. If you feel that you managed your life just fine while drinking speak to your sponsor about it. For an alcoholic this is a matter of life and death.

As Ago said, it is a process though, you do not have to take every step to absolute perfection, take them with an open mind to the best of your ability, trust in the process, stay willing, keep moving forward. Remeber in "How it Works" we strive for spiritual progress not perfection, do not expect a bright light, a moment where everything just falls together at on instant in time, for many of us, myself included it was a series of small "Aha" moments that when all put together was the same as that flash of light instant realization.

I really like what Ago said here also:

if it doesn't unfold for you after working them, work them again with another sponsor
There are no rules in AA, take the steps with your present sponsor, if you feel you are still not there, I am sure you will be closer any how, find another sponsor and take them again.

It also says in the 10th step promises that these promises will come true, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, they will always materialize IF we WORK for them!

Take it easy, but take it!!! Even though this is life and death, do not panic if you feel you are not fully getting it, if you feel you are making progress then you are headed in the right direction and worrying or panicking will not help. Relax........ go with the flow, let in what comes in and accept that what does not enter now will as long as you work at it enter at some point in time.