Thread: Blew it
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tosh

Hi Lizzie, I hope I don't sound like I'm minimising a problem, but kids can and do say some daft stuff; and although some would disagree with me, I think its fairly normal behaviour for a child to think about suicide at some point. Notice that I said 'think'! My daughter once shocked us at the breakfast table by telling us how she thought she'd react if she were raped! She was 9 years old and there was a news item on the radio about a local rapist; which is what triggered her response!

But with an alcoholic like myself, if I want to, I can come up with 101 alibis to drink and get drunk; and some of them would sound pretty good too. But I know adding alcohol to any problem will only make it worse and thankfully I've been shown a way avoid this pitfall.

I haven't read any of your back posts, so I don't know if you're working any programme or not, but AA has completely changed my attitude towards life and its problems for the better. Some of my problems are just 'evaporating' because I've broken the habit of what I used to do and am now just following the simple programme of AA.

Last edited by Tosh; 11-13-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: I hit the wrong button before finishing my post!!