View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bumpkin

exitential thoughts

Hi friends!

I'm kinda in a rut here...I'm 26 n been sober from alcohol for about three months (I began drinkin at 19 and my pattern of addiction was binging following a few days of abstinence). For the past couple of months or so, I've been having recurring thoughts about the nature of reality and how uncertain it is, philosophically speaking.

Now, I'm a science student and had always had a creative and philosophical bent of mind. I used to marvel at the mysteries of nature and take great joy in trying to drill down to facts. But it was always exiting and rewarding. I could carry on with my everyday life and enjoy with friends and have fun.

Now its horrifying. I spend whole days thinkin about how illusionary existence is and since in my former life, I took pride in such thoughts, its difficult for me to ignore them and carry on with everyday life, which seems so banal.

My question is, is it just my brain getting used to being sober and hence thinking whatever it finds intriguing? Is this just a part of being normal again, or do I have a problem here? Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Would appreciate any help as its becoming frustrating~~