View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

So another blessing. God obviously has something in store for my life and I just can't wait to see what it is! One of the pastors at our church leads our couples Bible study on Monday nights. Since I was at an AA meeting, he asked where I was. My wife just said I need prayers. So he called me yesterday and took me to lunch today. He asked me what was going on in my life and what he could do to help. I told him everything, and what I am going through. He offered to do a "spiritual detox" program with me. He told me OK, you got rid of the demon in your life (alcohol) but now that needs to be replaced with something else. Now it is time to fill that void with God. He wants to do a complete program with me. Why are so many people reaching out to me to help me?!?! Do I deserve this? I don't feel I do, but obviously God is not done with me yet.

Which leads me to this. TB? Have you tried reaching out to a church for help? I never thought of it before, but our church has SO many programs to help people that need it for free! All funded by donations. I mean we have counselors, a food pantry, people to pray with you, mentors, the list goes on and on! I would encourage you to pursue this route if you can.

Well, how is everyone today? Laura- that sounds like a good conversation with your daughter. I am glad it went well and hopefully it keeps her from making some bad decisions in her life.