Thread: talking
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
intheknow

I guess you could say I did this. I forced him to drive to his parents, and tell them the whole story of why he was living with them.

Then I told all of them that unless he got serious help for his problems - not just ordering a few books and going to yet another counseling appt - I was leaving him. And I was taking the kids, and he would not be able to see them while he was still actively drinking.

His parents and I agreed that counseling had not worked in the past. We all suggested treatment. So it was a very unplanned intervention, but still an intervention none the less. Did it work? THAT remains to be seen. He says he willingly left, although it was not his own idea.

What did happen was he left to get help, and it helped me to sort out my life and my part in this relationship. His parents finally saw that I am not the winch he painted me to be. My family saw him for who he really was, behind closed doors.

So to make a long story short, whether or not treatment works for him - it worked for me. I have changed my life 100% and can't wait to see what the future holds for me.