Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
miamifella

Sailorjohn--

What is the point of your post? How is it supposed to help? If you have insight to share, then offer it.

If you have help to offer that is great. But if you are using me as an occasion to boost your own ego or convince yourself that somehow you are safe because you are "better" than those who still struggle, it does not help.

I am sorry about your girlfriend and everything that is wrong in your life. I could tell from your posts that there were things bothering you that were not being said explicitly.

I have no insight into myself. But I have been in the rooms for a long time and have seen a lot of behavior. I have observed enough to see where certain behaviors go in others.

I am still working things through. Talking about addiction is very new to me. Getting response about addiction is new to me. It is hard to be going along for years doing what you think is the right thing, and suddenly encountering a bunch of people who have an entirely different view.

So my progress is not moving on the schedule you want and I remind you of your exgirlfriend. Those are your issues, not mine.

There are so many people here who help me. Cubile and Ago are top of the list but there are alot of others. I need what they have, so you have to get used to my denial, stupidity, etc because it ain't going to leave.