View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

I'm thrilled to find this post, as I suffer from PTSD and treat it with Bikram Yoga. I've been going 3-4 times a week and after 90 minutes of yoga in a 105 degree room, it's awfully hard to have a ptsd attack.

Problem is, I still need therapy to deal with triggers when they happen. I'm looking for some now.

I take clonopin only when I"m escalating. it does work, caps off the anxiety mostly. They wanted me to take it all the time, I refused because of all the reasons described here and don't want to take that crap all the time. How do you know when you're no longer anxious if you're living on it?

Plus, I believe 100% in my heart that we can heal ourselves. I don't want to live on drugs. I know plenty of folks who say they have saved their lives and I'm grateful they found their path, but mine is not pharmacuetical drugs.

That said, (sorry for the rant) has anyone found helpful ways of dealing with ptsd triggers? For me it involves staying the hell away from my AH, but I also need tools to deal.

Thanks!